Tuesday, December 9, 2008

2008 Fall Beginner Bridge

Yesterday was our last official class. I want to tell you how much I have enjoyed teaching this class and how proud I am of your progress. In just 9 weeks you have learned how to play duplicate bridge. This is just outstanding, CONGRATULATIONS to each of you.

As previously discussed, on Saturday, Dec 13 we will have a beginner bridge game at Sun City. This game will be all new players and will be conducted as a standard duplicate game. I will be there helping to run the game and helping you get acclimated to duplicate bridge.

American Contract Bridge League (ACBL)
I have posted a number of links from ACBL on our blog. In additon I have added a link to the instructional software on Learn to Play Bridge. This software is FREE to download to your computer. This software takes a different approach teaching you how to play bridge from the view of playing a hand of bridge which is great since most of us teach from the approach of how to bid a hand. If you stay in duplicate, you will want to join ACBL the governing body of bridge in North America.

Hilton Head Island Bridge Club (HHI)
I have posted on this blog the games and teaching schedules for HHI. I have given your names and email addresses to Kathie Walsh who teaches a Friday morning workshop of Beyond Basics. I have posted on the blog the education schedule for 2009 and specifically Kathie’s Friday morning schedule. I know Kathie has already sent you an email on her workshops. Don’t forget HHI sponsors several games a week with mini-lessons before each game.

Okatie Duplicate Bridge Club (Okatie)
For those who live in Sun City, I will post on the blog ASAP the games and teaching schedules for Okatie Duplicate in Sun City. I have given your names and email address to Peggy Gibson who directs and teaches beginner and intermediate classes at Okatie. If you have not already I am sure you will receive emails from Peggy on education opportunities and games at Sun City.

I will keep this blog … please continue to access it. If you have questions you can call or email me. Questions, I receive will be posted on the blog for all to read.

No comments: